Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Lesson Planning Blog Post

The teenage brain needs constant stimulation during school to growth and develop. My lesson plans are designed to stimulate thinking among students by using two basic strategies. One strategy is to develop a personal connection with students and trigger the emotional memory lane of their brain. This allows for students to become more connected in the classroom and with me, mainly because the emotional memory lane is the strongest of all the lanes. Students will want to maintain this relationship throughout the school year and become more active in class.

Another strategy in my lesson plans is consistency and routine; I include and practice consistency and several routines with all material and with every lesson. Students' brains are repeatedly stimulated with the same material and concepts during each lesson, adding to their automatic memory lane. In addition, the routine of classroom management is in place so that students know both what to expect from me and what I expect from them each class and some anxiety is taken away from their brains.

No comments:

Post a Comment